Petite stalks are packed with flavor. Stalks are a tender and less fibrous variety. Use leaves and stalks in salads.
- Grown year-round in the Tower Garden but prefers temps average 50 F at night and the daytime 60-70 F and consistent temperatures for 5 or 6 months.
- Perfect for Tower Garden to retain nutrient-rich moisture and pH of 6 – 7.
- Good sunlight but some shade or protection at the hottest time of day.
What Celery Is Good For & The Natural Remedies Made From It
Celery owes much of its reputation as a health-boosting food to the range of vitamins and minerals it contains:
- Vitamins A, B-1, B-2, B-3, B-5, B-6, B-9, B-12, C, D, E, and K
In addition to these, the plant is rich in fiber, contains a lot of water, and is low in carbohydrates. This makes it an excellent option for those trying to lose weight and safe for diabetics.
The various other benefits celery is believed to offer include that it:
- Has a calming effect thanks to its essential oils
- Aids digestion
- Lowers blood pressure
- Has diuretic properties
- Improves hair and skin health
- Is an antioxidant and might therefore protect against some forms of cancer
- Eases mild to moderate pain
- Reduces inflammation
- Lowers cholesterol
- Acts as a tonic for the liver
- Eases muscle spasms.
It should be noted, however, that while there is extensive anecdotal evidence going back many centuries for many of the above, there is a lack of clinical evidence to date for any of them.
GROWN YEAR-ROUND IN THE TOWER GARDEN
SEED NAME: Tango Organic Pelleted Celery Seed from Johnny’s Selected Seeds
LATIN NAME: Apium graveolens
DAYS TO MATURITY: 80 Days