We have moved to Ball Ground! (Cumming location is now closed!)
May 20 Update: The Cumming greenhouse has been dismantled and moved. Next week we will start reconstruction and will soon be growing even more food and seedlings!
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
New Hours @ Ball Ground Location
- Beginning April 10, open Saturdays 9a-3p
- Until our 2nd greenhouse is complete we will only open on Saturdays. Week days are still available by appointment!
Thank you to everyone who came out on Saturday to see us! Thank you to everyone who has physically helped us and thank you everyone who has prayed for us and encouraged us to this point! We are so excited and so grateful. We look forward to more open hours, more events, more food and more fun to come!
To follow our progress, check out Sweetwater Urban Farms on Facebook!
Keep those prayers and positive thoughts coming!
How we got here…
After 3 years of successfully growing seedlings and produce in Cumming, we are ready to grow! We are joining fellow visionaries, Diep & Jesse Robitaille, on their 22-acre farm in Ball Ground, Georgia! We are beyond excited to partner with like-minded, servant-hearted friends who love learning, working and sharing as much as we do 🙂
Ultimately, our dream is to establish a farm venue where we grow food for people to eat and we teach people how to grow their own. A place where friends come together for food, fun and fellowship – to feed our minds, bodies, and souls – on the farm.
As of Feb 11 we have broken ground to build a new greenhouse! When it is complete, we will move our seedlings and Tower Gardens and be at the farm full-time in March. Then we will tear down our current greenhouse and move it to Ball Ground in April. Two greenhouses will allow us to separate our food production and seedling production to grow more of each. We are also preparing additional space to grow vegetables and flowers in the ground. We have so many plans and the list keeps growing!
Why now is the time to move:
- Our current location has been a blessing as our “starter house” but it’s small and we are not able to expand our production.
- This year the highway at our current location is scheduled to expand making our greenhouse even more difficult and dangerous to access. (We will not miss the constantly washed-out driveway either!)
- Our dream has always been to have a destination farm where we can host events, sell our fresh food and garden products and support home gardeners with education and events.
- The demand for our fresh, local food has outpaced our ability to supply. Expanding allows us to grow and sell more nutritious produce in our community and more varieties of seedlings for Tower Gardens and soil gardens.
- And maybe most importantly, when one door closes (or two) and God opens another completely unexpected but perfectly prepared one, it’s good to walk through it and see what’s on the other side 🙂
It’s time to spread our wings, grow more safe, sustainable food, and bring families back to the table – back to the food, the farm, and the farmer.
We can’t wait for you to come visit! Pack a lunch or snack, come shop or volunteer to help us! We’ll be sharing more details as they unfold too!
Clint, Sheree, Kim & Meredith
*ATL Urban Farms is a Sweetwater Urban Farms company. We are the same people offering the same products, services and support from the same location under two different names. Sweetwater Urban Farms is our Tower Farm food production side and ATL Urban Farms is our Tower Garden seedling and support side 🙂